Sunday

Happy Sunday! 

I set my alarm and didn't hear it. 🤦‍♀️ We missed morning volunteer huddle at church this morning but still arrived in time to receive multiple hugs and fill my coffee cup. 

I've struggled to attend church regularly during this season (Since Dad's passing in December). I am energized by people. I also don't hide what I'm feeling or experiencing well. I'm an open book yelling the words on the page of my soul where ever I go.  I'm not always a fan of this process ... It doesn't matter where I go, I find/attract people (Sorry sweet lady in a shared Uber in Toronto!). I don't want to burden others with the journey I can only go with Jesus. I also understand friends mean well and genuinely want to know about how we are doing. I want to connect and share... Also, I have a low reserve of emotion management energy. 

Surviving with grace in new area of the soul is a delicate and messy situation. Much like the ocean and earth exert gravitational pull from each other, creating high and low tide, it pushes and pulls what's been hidden in the depths to the shoreline. I'm always surprised to find, whatever it is - a past circumstance of hurt that I can deal with now or a past circumstance that shows me I can do hard things. I never know what will be revealed and yet ultimately it's all beautiful in the light (that seaglass!). Grace (God's ability in me to do what I can't on my own) showing up in the season has brought so much healing and given me the ability and foundation to face the unknown. 

Our community of friends and family reaching out has been so overwhelming. Today someone dropped gift cards into by bag when I wasn't looking. To be blessed beyond expectations on the daily is  sweet spot to be in.  I just look around and know we are being taken care of. The security of knowing God's got us is a living breathing confidence. 




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Chemo Treatment!

3 weeks later...