Monday, Monday - need coffee - Cycle 2
Today started early. Sleep eluded me so I started researching - balm to the soul.
I slept on and off from 4:30-8:00am and felt all the feelings at once.
Today is Cycle 2.
We've been here a handful of times and today I chose Valet Parking. I've never been so grateful for this service. My emotions are front and center so not fighting for a parking space was a gift.
The first waiting room had a couple chatty characters. This couple were in their 60s and engaged. They had a real appreciation for each other and their love was tangible. They were chatty about a new grandbaby and told the whole waiting room about it. While a few faces showed annoyance, I was more than pleased to bask in the good news of life!
They have pulled us back to a consultation room and my nerves are more than amped. Scott took an anti nausea med so he's super sleepy.
I just keep reminding myself that God is faithful.
Just like Murphy's Law predicts, Scott left to go to the Restroom and the nurse came to the room. We had 20 minutes to discuss what Scott's experience has been and an updated the plan for the next 2 weeks. Bonus: Lungs sound good. The "lab is down" so no blood work means we wait until they are processed.
This Ritter 204 was no placed in this room to actually lay on. 😂 Scott had to make due.
Chemo- It's a go!
White blood cell count is low but not low enough to stop chemo. Scott's weigh-in confirmed our home scale, Scott's lost 10lbs.
I hunted down a cup of fresh coffee and Scott, creature of habit, found #2 chair again.
Lots of pictures of Sleeping Scott😂.
Jerry & I love the coffee service. ☕ Third cup loading. And we have 1 1/2 hours to go!
If you Google chemo, this old school drug has a reputation. Today I'm thankful for those who discovered it (a combo of Italians & the French who looked at soil🤷). Yup. It's a poison we want. It's a killer we give permission to do what it does. It's red color gives me something to connect with as I agree with Scott's healing journey.
We came home and sweet friends had food for us!!!! Our friends know how to feed us. Today I'm so grateful because I had 0 energy. J2 had her first color guard camp and I think he's hooked!
I took a serious nap - between lack of sleep and walking through today, I needed to shut down for 1 1/2 hours. Evening naps nice.
Thank you all for your love! We feel it.
Comments
Post a Comment