Happy Canada & 4th of July!

 I'm always ready to celebrate! Happy Canada & 4th of July!


Monday's news of 4 more months is something. 

I've looked at it from every angle. Ultimately, for me, I know I would not have as positive of an attitude in July fulling knowing this would be a 6 month journey. For that, I'm grateful to have only expected 2 and now we are walking out 6 months. It's been emotional. It's been weighty. It's been a week of highs and lows. 

I'm grateful for the community we have. I can't say enough about the timely kind words and surprise flowers from "your people". I'm truly honored to be in a position where surprise flowers could come from any person or group of friends, community. Thank you! 

Nobody: 

Sarah:    This season is showing who I am under pressure and some moments are more raw than graceful. However, objectively, I'm not sure what else I could deal with that would hit harder that what's unfolded this year (if you know something, don't tell me 😂) and I'm more than surviving, so I    naively concur no matter what comes my way in life. I will be more than ok. 

This is the first week Scott hasn't been on antibiotics and had a fever. He's been more fatigued and struggling. I'm not sure where 4 rounds of Chemo ends and the emotions of 4 more months begins but he's showing the fatigue and stress of where he's at. He's still walkin' it out well. However, it's with multiple naps a day and fatigue in the awake hours. 

Some of you who follow are in my WOWlife world. We lost Pastor Neil  Obeyesekere. He lost his wife, Savi and as Kirby stated in Tuesday's message, he passed of a broken heart. I've known of Pastor Neil for a decade. I've listened to Kirby & Fiona de Lanerolle rave about him. I've listened to his messages online. Our friendship didn't begin until October 2022. He was the real deal. He believed the words he spoke. His life was an expression of God's love in such a way that you would leave a conversation - be it on the phone, zoom or text chat, knowing you are at peace. His words brought healing and confidence to my own life calling. I am forever indebted to Pastor Neil. 

In happier news, I took the kids with me to get passport photos. That's not a big deal until you attempt to get Canadian Passports done. There is a place outside Atlanta that guarantees the photo will not be the problem. This meant a quick trip to the World of Coke & Ikea, too! It was a quick trip but fun (and loud) with the kids. Lots of car karaoke and jokes. 

Here's to a great weekend! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Chemo Treatment!

3 weeks later...