Saturday - Hope & Peace
Happy Saturday!
Scott is feeling weak today but still able to life. He has more energy to help with getting J1 set up to mow the lawn - which is helpful! He has energy to play Legends of Zelda - which is wonderful. (You know Scott is not feeling well when he doesn't have energy for gaming). Brain Fog, nausea and fatigue is a real thing. His body is showing signs of working hard.
A report I want to celebrate is Scott's bone biopsy. From what I can tell it's the worst part of the whole situation. Scott's bone biopsy came back "perfectly fine" and we have celebrated this on the daily. Scott's diagnosis revealed the cancer cells had spread to another set of lymph nodes. For his bones to be free of cancer is a true celebration.
Hope & Peace are tangible in my home - I'll let them live here forever! If you've never created absolutes for your home to be a place of Peace and Hope, I dare you to try it. It sets the tone for every communication in the house. We have 3 kids. They have disagreements and fights - but it's all a lot different when Peace is established for your home.
"How do you do that, Sarah?" You set your intention for Hope & Peace to live in your home. I literally said out loud - to the air, walls and world, "Peace and Hope, you are welcome here to live and stay. I expect to feel you, see you in our conversations and go with us where ever we are.". AND THEN You look for it. (Job 22:28) I'm not creating anything here. I'm taking a scripture and applying it practically. Take what I did and reinvent it for your home! Worth it!
I am confident that God/Holy Spirit lives in me and I can speak on their behalf. We had a week where our home felt fearful. I was unsettled. I went old school. Exodus 40:9 talks about anointing the tabernacle (dwelling place) with oil (a symbol of Holy Spirit being on/in) to be set apart. Anoint literally means to smear and oil is translated from fat (context - we assume olive oil), kind of gross but we aren't called a peculiar people (1 Peter 2:9) for nothin'.
I know God lives in me - I'm the tabernacle (dwelling place) and my home by extension. So I did the thing - I grabbed the olive oil from the kitchen, prayed and spoke to the oil. I read scriptures that are what I want for my home. Do you remember Masaru Emoto and his book "Hidden Messages in Water"? If you are concerned about the practice of praying and speaking over oil, check this book out. And, bonus, as I'm speaking this promises, I'm continually convincing my own soul of how good God is and setting expectations for me and my family. Brainwashing? Absolutely.
So grabbed the oil I prayed over. I walked the property of the house, smeared oil on door frames and fence. Blessing or speaking positivity over the property, I reestablished our property of Hope, Health, Peace, Mercy and Grace.
It's interesting, right? We have documentation of our words having power and yet, ultimately, there is something mysterious that happens when we are convinced and the journey of being fully convinced.
Comments
Post a Comment